There are so many things to maintain in your home that it can feel like a full-time job! Don’t worry, the team at Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric, and Fireplaces is here to help. Our expert technicians are standing by to take care of any issue in your home, including your air conditioner tune-up in Cedar Falls.
At Dalton, we want our customers’ hard-earned dollars to work for them. That’s why every service we offer is completely comprehensive, so you can get the most bang for your buck. Here are just a few things that come with your air conditioner tune-up.
What Comes with Your Air Conditioner Tune-Up?
- Lubricate Moving Parts. Ensuring all pieces of your unit are properly lubricated will prevent wear. Even better, it will prevent your system from overheating, the typical cause of a mid-season breakdown.
- Test Refrigerant Levels. Another common cause of overheating stems from a unit running low on coolant levels. Low levels can also indicate there is a leak, which requires maintenance as quickly as possible.
- Test Starting Capabilities. We suggest having your air conditioner tuned-up before the heat of summer sets in. That way, the Dalton technician can ensure your unit is starting correctly and running efficiently.
- Tighten Electrical Connections. As with lubricating parts, tightening electrical components will help your system run smoothly. Additionally, it will prevent safety concerns — like electrical fires — when promptly taken care of.
- Check & Replace Air Filters. Air filters should be regularly replaced to ensure your unit is functioning properly and not spreading dust throughout your home.
- Remove Dust & Debris. Your A/C technician will help keep your unit clean, including the condenser coils, evaporator, and other key components. We will remove all built-up debris to prevent overheating and decreased efficiency.
- Clean Dryer Vent. Cleaning your dryer vents is a quick and easy way to prevent fires in your home.
- Examine Safety Components & Proper Venting. During your tune-up, our technicians will inspect the electrical components, wiring, plugs to ensure your cooling system is free of frayed wires, loose electrical connections or any other safety concerns.
- Apply Protective Coatings. At Dalton, we take safety very seriously. We elevate the standard of fire prevention by applying non-conductive coatings to the electrical components.
- Calibrate Thermostat. Thermostats can lose their calibration season to season. Dalton technicians will readjust the settings, as needed, to make sure your unit is cooling your home to the correct temperature.
- Measure for Proper Volts & Amps. We will test the volts and amps of your air conditioner to determine the amount of energy your unit consumes. If the compressor is operating normally, the unit should consume what is called the Rated Load Amps or RLA.
- Check Blower Speed. Another key way to test your unit for functionality is to check the blower speed. If the speed is low, it could mean there is a bad blower resistor, or there is a problem with overheating or ventilation.
Peace of Mind All Summer Long
Are you ready to schedule your air conditioner tune-up? Or, do you want to take peace of mind to another level with a Complete Home Comfort Membership? Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric, and Fireplaces is just one call away! Book your service now by calling (319) 266-3513.