Geothermal Heating and Cooling Systems in Waterloo, IA
Call Our Hotline: 319-266-3513
Instead of drawing comfortable temperatures from the air, geothermal systems draw heating and cooling power from the ground. They’re energy efficient and quickly becoming one of the most long lasting and environmentally friendly systems available. The team at Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc. can easily get you set up with one.
- We define success based on how comfortable you are when a job is finished.
- We operate with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- We promise to get the job done right.
You’re always better off when you choose our team for geothermal services in Waterloo, IA. We’ve been in business for over 60 years and we’re not going anywhere!
Contact us today. Your Comfort Is Our Promise.
How do geothermal cooling and heating systems work?
A geothermal installation involves installing a heat pump in a home that will be able to access the heat generated by the earth’s core. Once the heat has been brought to the heat pump, it will then be distributed throughout the building using ducts or other common distribution methods, for heating.
For cooling, the heat pump uses refrigerant to absorb heat from the air in the home, which is then transferred to the underground loop system and distributed into the earth, cooling the home for a fraction of the cost of conventional air–source heat pumps. Our experts can help you choose the best unit for your home and install it in no time!
What are the benefits of geothermal heating and cooling?
- Reduced Cooling and Heating Costs – Geothermal heat pumps have an energy efficiency level of around 94% across the board. Because the temperature hundreds of feet underground is relatively stable, it’s a reliable source of heat energy for both heating and the thermodynamic process of air conditioning.
- Quiet Functionality – A second benefit is that a geothermal heat pump is extremely quiet, since it has fewer moving parts than many conventional air conditioners and heating systems—and since so many components are underground! Using geothermal heating will ensure that a home remains peaceful and comfortable.
- Eco–Friendly – Geothermal heat pumps emit no harmful chemicals or gases, so the overall carbon footprint of a household can be greatly reduced.
- Home Safety – Traditional methods of heating have the potential to release a great deal of carbon monoxide, which is a poisonous gas, into the air. geothermal heating systems do not release this gas and are therefore considered to be safer to use than gas furnaces.
- Lifespan – Furnaces and central air conditioners may only last about 10–15 years, but many of the components of a geothermal cooling and heating system can last for 15–25 years.
Is geothermal heating and cooling right for your home?
Some of the homes that benefit the most from geothermal heating and cooling include very large houses that would otherwise rack up a huge bill each month for air conditioning and heating. (You’ll need a large yard area to install the loop system anyway.) A geothermal system is, certainly, an investment, but the lower monthly costs combined with the longer lifespan of a geothermal system can offset the price of installation.
Still, the best way to find out whether geothermal air conditioning and heating is right for you is to call in an experienced professional. If you’re looking to invest in a geothermal system, or any other cooling or heating installation, our team is here to help! We can inspect your property, determine the best unit for your home, and install it in no time! We also offer complete services, including geothermal system repairs and routine maintenance.
Is your home ready for a geothermal heating system? Call us today and let our expert technicians help you get started!