A water heater requires maintenance. If you’d like your storage tank water heater to reach the full amount of its 8-12 year lifespan, then you’ll be better off scheduling it yearly. These systems go through a lot of stress every year in order to provide us with comfortable water temperatures, so it kind of makes sense that we need to tune them up every once in a while.
Even problems like corrosion can get exceptionally bad when there’s nobody to take a look at the system, flush it, and replace the anode rod. And, for anyone who has a tankless water heater out there, these systems still require maintenance as well. Basically, if you have hot water in your home that you use for cooking, cleaning, and bathing, then you need water heater maintenance in Cedar Rapids, IA. And today, we’d like to explain why in some better detail.
Advantages of Water Heater Maintenance
Don’t just take it from us. Let the data of the industry speak for itself! Water heaters that undergo maintenance can see a benefit in the following categories.
- Longevity. A water heater will simply last longer when it’s well-maintained. Certain components like the anode rod can be changed out and replaced with new ones to allow for the system to reach its maximum lifespan. Without maintenance, you’d be lucky if a water heater lasted 8 years without a slew of issues.
- Reducing settling materials. Over time, minerals in the water will settle to the bottom of the tank and reduce its capacity to heat water. When maintenance is performed, a professional technician can flush the tank of the existing water, bringing out the sediment as well. This will improve performance and reduce the overall concentration of minerals settling in it.
- Better system performance. A water heater will work a lot better after it’s been maintained in comparison to one that’s been neglected. This might be reflected in easier access to hot water, or just simply better temperature control.
- Higher energy efficiency. Water heating systems require a lot of energy to run properly throughout the year. Even a slight reduction in energy or fuel consumption due to maintenance will mean a lot for your monthly utility bills. Over time, maintenance could see you net a good amount of savings due to improved efficiency.
- Less chance of scalding. Scalding is when a water heater sends water through the pipes that is way too hot. This can happen due to problems with water pressure or temperature control. Maintenance can help mitigate this issue from popping up.
- Detecting problems ahead of time. Your water heater will likely require repairs in the future. However, detecting when those repairs will arrive and how expensive they’ll be is the hard part. Maintenance is a great way to not only stave off repairs until they’re absolutely necessary, but it gives you a clear heads up when a problem is on the way. Invest in maintenance to limit the stress from these situations.
At Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc., your comfort is our promise! To set up an appointment in the Cedar Rapids area, give us a call at the number above, email firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule an appointment online.