Water leak detection services in Cedar Rapids
Call Our Hotline: 319-449-3488
Water leaks need to be detected and dealt with as soon as possible. Any time spent searching could be the time that your home’s foundation and your appliances are damaged by leaking water. Call Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc. in Cedar Rapids to nip this problem in the bud.
- We define success based on how comfortable you are when a job is finished.
- We provide 24/7 emergency services.
- We promise to get the job done right.
Did we mention that we’ve got a 100% satisfaction guarantee you can always take advantage of? Seriously, there’s no better team to start working with than ours!
Call our professional plumbers today to detect a leak in your home. Your Comfort Is Our Promise.
What causes water leaks?
The most often seen causes of hidden water leaks are:
- Aging Pipes: Once aging pipes begin to deteriorate, over time, drainage and foundation systems begin to fall apart as well, leading to rusting, loosening and shifting of pipes.
- Freezing Pipes: During the winter, extreme cold temperatures can freeze pipes, causing them to contract and then expand once water runs through them. This expansion is what ultimately leads to cracked pipes during the winter. Unregulated water pressure can also force pipes to crack.
- Poor Installations: Poor workmanship from previously installed pipes can lead to a number of problems, chief among them could be weak joints, leading to water leaks.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots searching for water might wrap themselves around your pipes, and if they put enough pressure they might crush in the outside of the pipes.
How do we detect the problem?
By the time a water leak is discovered, most homeowners will have experienced wasted water, extensive damage and an increased water bill. While it’s easy to spot obvious pipe leaks that can be found under the sink, hidden leaks found behind walls are not as easy to find.
These dark, damp areas provide the ideal location for the formation of toxic mold, mildew and bacteria that can cause serious upper respiratory problems and illnesses that could otherwise be prevented. Our professional leak detection services are performed with minimal damage to your home so that your foundation will remain strong.
Through the use of specialized equipment and advanced plumbing techniques, we can ensure that all of your indoor and outdoor plumbing fixtures are working effectively and not wasting water.
How can you avoid leaks in the future?
If your water pipes tend to freeze in the winter, you must do everything you can to prevent this from happening. You can accomplish this by wrapping visible pipes with electrical heating tape or other forms of insulation such as rubber, foam or fiberglass.
Once sub–zero temperatures arrive, be sure to keep cabinet doors open at all times as this will help room temperatures to flow around your pipes, further preventing them from freezing.
You can also leave the water trickling overnight in order to not have it staying still. Running water won’t freeze so this is a great option if you’re willing to risk paying a little extra on your water bill.
Additionally, always have an updated water pressure regulator installed. Only a professional plumber can install a water pressure regulator.
The Lyric Wi–Fi water leak and freeze detector by Honeywell is an exciting new way to help protect your home! Get an alert directly to your smart phone to detect and prevent expensive damage caused by leaks, humidity and freezing temperatures. Click here to find out more!
How can leaking pipes affect your home?
Small water leaks may not seem problematic, but the risks are more troublesome than you might think. They can even remain unnoticed for a long time, even until mold starts to grow. Once mold spores fill the air, they can cause serious health problems, especially in children and the elderly as these age groups have compromised immune systems.
Leaking pipes are an inconvenience that no homeowner wants to experience. Aside from messy water damage, a leaking pipe will not allow you to use a particular water fixture until the problem is fixed. Most importantly, leaking pipes waste water and will increase your water bill.
Our goal is to detect the leak, fix it, and get your home back to normal again in no time. Don’t let those leaks cost you money and even your health. Call us today for immediate service.