Sump Pump Services in Cedar Rapids, IA
Call Our Hotline: 319-449-3488
We deal with basement floods on a pretty regular basis here in Cedar Rapids, IA. That’s why it’s becoming more important with each year to invest in sump pump services performed by professionals like the ones at the Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc. team.
- We define success based on how comfortable you are when a job is finished.
- We’ve been in business since 1959.
- We promise to get the job done right.
Why not take advantage of our 100% satisfaction guarantee, or take a look at our variety of flexible financing options? We always want to help, regardless of your unique situation.
Contact our team of professionals so we can get started right away. Your Comfort Is Our Promise.
How do sump pumps work and what are the benefits?
Sump pumps work by pumping the groundwater that is about to invade a basement away from the building so that it is able to dissipate harmlessly. Usually, a trench is dug around the building so that the water will have a place to collect. Then, a sump pump will be installed in the trench. Once the amount of water in the trench has reached a high enough level, the sump pump will turn on and start to pump away the water until it is no longer at a high enough level to trigger it.
There are many benefits to the use of a sump pump in your home. For one, using a sump pump will prevent water from entering your home in the event of a flooding issue. Similarly, the sump pump does not need to manually be turned on. This will ensure that a homeowner can rest easy knowing that his or her home is thoroughly protected even in the event that they are not home.
What are the different types of pumps?
There are three main types of sump pumps that are available for installation in your home. They include:
- Pedestal Pump: This sump pump is placed on a pedestal that is installed in the trench. It is designed so that the motor is never actually touched by water, but so that the switch will be able to be turned on when necessary.
- Submersible Pump: The second type of sump pump is the submersible sump pump. This type of pump is designed to be completely submersed in the trench, including the motor. It tends to be the most effective type of pump because it is nearest to the ground. I
- Battery Operated Pump: The last type of sump pump is the battery operated pump, which is a backup pump that is designed to be used when the normal pump fails to function. These pumps are especially effective in the event of a power outage or electrical short.
Expert solutions from Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc.
Whether you already have a unit in your home, or you’re looking to invest in one, sump pumps can be a great addition to your home. They can ensure that your home is protected in the event of a flooding incident. This can save you substantial amounts of money in the long run and help provide you with the peace of mind that comes from a protected home.
If you are looking for professional sump pump services, contact us today. Our expert technicians will be able to provide you with expert installation and repair solutions to keep your home protected at all times.
Sump Pump Gallery
Click on one of the thumbnails to see a larger version...