Boiler Services in GrimesGive us a call today: 319-266-3513
Boilers aren’t as common in Des Moines and Grimes, IA as furnaces, but many homes still use them. We’re one of the local contractors who works with boilers, offering installation, repair, replacement, and maintenance. We’ve helped homeowners like you since 1959.
- True 24/7 emergency services
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Committed to getting jobs done right and always doing the right thing
We view your problem as our problem, and your family as our priority. When you need boiler services, we understand what you’re going through and you’ll get a technician who will see to your needs. That’s our promise to you and to ourselves.
Our mission is to enhance the comfort and safety for people who live in the Des Moines and Grimes community. It’s time to call us. Your Comfort Is Our Promise!
How do you know if it’s time to repair your boiler?
To know if you should call heating professionals such as Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc., it is important that you recognize the signs that your boiler needs a repair. Here are some signs that you may need to repair your boiler:
- Metallic odor: If you have noticed a strong, metallic odor coming from the boiler, it could be time for a repair. This odor may stem from oil or leaking gas. Speaking of gas, the boiler could also be leaking carbon monoxide, a potentially dangerous gas.
- Leaking water: Another sure sign of a problem with the boiler is leaking water. Leaking water can not only be dangerous, but also cost more in energy. More energy is needed by the boiler when it is dealing with extra water.
- Malfunctioning boiler: You also may notice that your boiler is not heating correctly. Sometimes sludge will gather on the bottom of the boiler and cause this problem. It could also be a fuse or broken thermostat.
- Odd noises: Any type of clunking noise that comes from your boiler could be due to iron deposits. This will eventually cause the boiler to fail. The sooner it is taken care of, the better off you will be.
Is it time to replace your unit?
If repairs are not enough, it is also possible that you may need your boiler replaced. Here are four signs that you may need to replace instead of repair your boiler:
- No heat: If your boiler is no longer able to meet the needs of your household, it is probably time to replace it.
- Uneven heat: You might also notice that your boiler heats unevenly or only works at certain times of day. Additionally, you may notice that it only heats one area of the house.
- Higher energy costs: If you have noticed your energy costs getting higher, it is probably time for you to get a new boiler. A failing system costs a lot to run.
- Age: The age of your boiler can also indicate a replacement is needed instead of a repair. The average boiler system can last from 10 to 15 years. If your boiler is older than about 15 years old, it may be time to consider a new system.
Which parts of the unit are inspected during maintenance?
If you find that you need to call the team at Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc., you can rest assured that we will look at all parts of the boiler before recommending a repair or replacement. The most common parts we will inspect include the thermostat, fuses and the tank. After weighing the options, including the severity of the repair and the cost, we will make a recommendation.
Call today and trust your home’s heating efficiency to the experts at Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc.