Furnace Installation and Repairs in Waterloo, IA
Call Our Hotline: 319-266-3513
When you get a furnace installed or repaired by the professionals at Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc. you can remain certain that it’s safe, reliable, and efficient. We take pride in our furnace services and we’ve been a long-standing company associated with high quality work.
- We offer true 24-hour emergency services.
- We’ve been family-owned and operated since 1959.
- We always do the right thing.
We’ve probably been working with furnaces longer than any other team in Waterloo, IA. Take advantage of our 100% satisfaction guarantee and explore one of our many financing options.
Contact us for expert furnace services. Your Comfort Is Our Promise.
Call Our Team for Reliable Furnace Repairs
There are a variety of different furnace related problems that homeowners face. What these issues have in common is that most of them result in unsatisfactory heating production in the home.
- A Malfunctioning Thermostat: One of the most common furnace problems is a malfunctioning thermostat. A broken or faulty thermostat shows a temperature reading that is higher or lower than the actual temperature in the home. A malfunctioning thermostat can prompt a homeowner to adjust the desired temperature when it really isn’t appropriate. This can result in increased energy bills.
- A Dirty Filter: Another common furnace problem is a clogged filter. If the filter in a furnace is filled with dust, dirt and pet hair, the furnace must work harder to accomplish its goal of heating the home.
- A Broken Fan Belt: A malfunctioning fan belt is also a common problem. When a fan belt is worn out or damaged, there are air flow problems that prevent warm air from circulating throughout a home. Our experienced technicians can fix these common furnace problems along with many others that occur.
How can I keep my furnace running in top condition?
One of the simplest ways to see your furnace keeps running well is to call us to schedule a 19–point furnace safety check. We check the connections within the furnace, examine the air ducts for leaks, change the air filter, check the accuracy of the thermostat and more. Most importantly, while we are performing a 19 point furnace safety check, our technicians look for potential problems in the system. If we find a problem, we can make a repair to solve the issue. Here are some additional checks we perform:
- Check blower motor for dirt buildup and clean off along with visual inspection of blower wheel
- Visually inspect heat exchanger for holes, cracks, or separations
- Check carbon monoxide levels
- Check temperature rise for heating, adjusting blower speed if necessary
For our full 19 point furnace safety check, please give us a call. Take a look at our winter special here!
How can I enhance efficiency?
One of the things a homeowner can do is to set the thermostat at a low temperature when no one is home. When family members return to the home, they can turn the thermostat back up to a warmer temperature.
A furnace can work in a more efficient way when a home is properly insulated. Windows and doors that aren’t properly insulated allow warm air to leak outdoors. This causes the furnace to work harder to heat the home. Sealing windows and doors with weatherstripping is an easy step toward better insulation and thus a furnace that is working more efficiently.
If you are looking for professional heating services, contact us today. Our expert technicians will be able to solve your furnace problems and perform routine maintenance checks.