Burst Pipe Repair Services in Waterloo
Call Our Hotline: 319-266-3513
Burst pipes can be a nightmare to deal with. They usually happen at inconvenient times and in homes where you’re already under stress with a malfunctioning plumbing system. Call the 24/7 hotline for a plumber from Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc. to get help fast.
- We provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
- We offer flexible financing options.
- We promise to get the job done right.
Burst pipes need to be replaced and dealt with quickly, which is why we don’t mess around. Our prices are fair, our fixes always work, and our team is friendly and reliable.
Contact our team of local professional plumbers today. Your Comfort Is Our Promise!
What causes burst pipes?
Here in Iowa we experience some very cold winters, and usually around this time is when we get the most calls for burst pipes. Despite this, pipe bursts can occur for a number of other reasons. Some common examples of causes of burst pipes are:
- Cold Weather: Pipes burst in the cold weather is because water expands when it freezes. If your pipes are not insulated, or if they are not in an area that is sufficiently warm, then the water that is left in them will freeze over time.
- Stagnant Water: When you do not use your water during the cold weather, then the water will just sit in your pipes and wait until you turn on a faucet or do the laundry. Water that is moving can’t freeze, so leave a faucet dripping over night can prevent your pipes from bursting.
- Clogs: Clogs can cause pipes, especially older ones, to build up pressure as the water tries to go through the clot. At some point, the pressure from the water and air building up will burst the pipe.
How can you avoid them?
One of the better ways to prevent pipes from bursting is to make sure they are in a room that is constantly kept warm. For example, you should try to make sure that your pipes are running through the basement where the furnace is located. But if you have a house on a slab, or if you have pipes running through areas where the furnace cannot reach, then there are other things you can do.
- Insulation: If you wrap your pipes in insulation, then they will be able to retain their heat and prevent bursting. Make sure that you call us so we can insulate your pipes and prevent future bursts.
- Running Water: So long as water is running, then your pipes won’t freeze. If the water is not being used for showering or washing, then let it run at a trickle to prevent freezing. The energy from the moving water will prevent it from freezing.
What can we do to help with this issue?
The first thing our technicians do when they arrive on the scene of a burst pipe is to shut off the main water valve to prevent the water from building up any more. Then our technicians will remove the burst pipe portion and replace it. Patching a burst pipe is a bad idea because it has already been compromised and could burst again.
We strongly recommend that you have one of our technicians come out and inspect your pipes before the weather gets cold. We can recommend a course of action that can prevent your pipes from bursting.
Call us today for immediate burst pipe solutions.