Fireplace Installation, Repair, and Remodel
Call Our Hotline: 319-449-3488
Please visit our Fireplace Showroom daily 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., and evenings and Saturdays by appointment.
Get the fireplace you’ve always wanted. Visit our showroom in Cedar Falls and Waterloo or call for more information, including the latest coupons and specials.
Take a look at some of the unique and durable fireplace systems we install by browsing through our fireplace showroom! The team at Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc. welcomes you to contact us directly for all of your fireplace needs so that you can get the best deal possible.
Family-Owned and Operated Since 1959
We Define Success Based on Your Comfort When the Job Is Done
We Operate with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Fireplaces add immeasurable comfort and quality to a home. We want every home, from Cedar Hills to University Heights, to be able to experience this, which is why we offer flexible financing options and convenient scheduling.
Call our Cedar Rapids office today to invest in a fireplace! Your Comfort Is Our Promise.
Choices for fireplace installation
Fireplace styles are as personal as clothing styles can be. Styles can vary widely, and homeowners now have choices about what kinds of fireplaces they want to use. Here are the main options from which you have to choose when installing a new fireplace:
- Gas – One of the great things about choosing a natural gas fireplace is that you have even more options! Gas fireplaces can be direct vent, meaning they don’t need a chimney, they can be inserts or they can be open–flame – the choice is yours! Gas burns very hot, so you can gain a good amount of extra supplemental heat with a gas fireplace.
- Electric – Electric fireplaces have come a long way since days’ past, when they were tiny things that you barely noticed. These days, electric fireplaces look so similar to combustion fireplaces that it can be hard to tell the electric from the gas or wood–burning one. However, this type of fireplace is made to heat an average of 400 square feet, so you will want to keep this in mind when reviewing your options.
- Wood burning – The natural ambience and soothing sounds of a wood–burning fire can be hard to beat. Even the smell can be pleasant. You can have an open fireplace that burns wood, or use a woodstove to maximize the amount of heat you gain.
When is it time to call for fireplace repair?
Fireplaces take a beating when used, not just because of the fire itself but also because of the toxic combustion byproducts left behind. Soot, ash and creosote are highly acidic and flammable, and when left on the different parts of your fireplace, can cause serious wear and tear. Here are some reasons to give the experts at Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc. a call for fireplace repair in Waterloo:
- When there is visible corrosion – the acid in combustion byproducts can eat through both metal and masonry, two of the most–used materials in fireplaces. If you see visible corrosion, it’s time to call an expert for help.
- When you see broken tiles – if you have little pieces of tiles landing in your firebox, there are tiles missing from the top of your chimney that are very important. These broken tiles need to be repaired by an expert.
- When your fireplace isn’t drafting correctly – are your fires not lighting or is smoke billowing into your home when you light a fire? This usually means there is a problem with drafting that an expert needs to fix.
The pros from Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc. are here for all of your fireplace needs. Just give us call!