Plumbing, HVAC, electrical and fireplace services in Dike, IA
Don’t wait until it’s too late to try to solve your plumbing problems. Call today to schedule an immediate appointment for service in Dike, IA. Click here to view current specials and discounts.
The heating system and air conditioner maintain the comfort of your home during the best and worst seasons of the year. You never know when temperatures could fluctuate unexpectedly. In order to avoid unforeseen problems with these systems, you should take the time to schedule regular maintenance for them. Consult with our professionals at Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc. We have the skills and tools to provide the best plumbing services in Dike, IA whether you need repiping or drain cleaning. Click here to see what your neighbors have been saying about us.
Service benefits you can count on:
- 100% satisfaction guarantee- we will uninstall and provide full refund if you are not satisfied
- Maintenance agreements
- Guaranteed Replacements
- Expert Staff
What causes heating system malfunctions?
There are many causes of heating system malfunctions that lead to a spike in how much you’ll be paying in your bills.
- Clogged Filter: A clogged air filter is one problem that prevents the normal inflow and outflow of air. The best solution is to replace it regularly. A clogged filter leads to overheating problems because the cool air does not make it through properly.
- Improper maintenance: If dirt and debris block the vents, or if the coils overheat, your machine has not been maintained properly.
It only takes one annual visit from us to ensure that your system continues working properly. Your HVAC systems lifespan will be severely shortened if you allow it to collect dust, overwork it constantly, or not provide maintenance to it. We offer quality furnace and boiler repairs. If you have a fireplace, make sure not to neglect it when the fall and winter rolls around. We also provide professional fireplace services in the Dike, IA area.
Is your water heater giving you cold showers?
Water heater problems are common. Getting a surprise splash of cold water during a shower is the most noticeable sign that your water heater isn’t working as it should.
Here are other signs that a prompt call to your technician is in order:
- Water does not reach the desired temperature
- Lack of hot water
- Whining, creaking, knocking, or banging sounds coming from the water heater
- Leaking or pooled water around the tank
- Foul smelling or tasting water
Should you repair or replace your water heater?
When it comes to water heaters, some situations may call for simple repairs, while others may need the entire unit to be replaced. Identify the signs that you need to repair or replace the water heater:
- Cold Shower: When a water heater isn’t working properly, the first sign will be a lack of hot water. Having no access to hot water can be uncomfortable because you’ll be forced to bathe in cold water, and some tasks such as laundry may not be as efficient with cold water.
- Leaks: Another sign of a malfunction is a leaky tank. See how big the leak is and if you can patch it up. A large pool of water means that you need a replacement.
- Age: As heaters age, they naturally become less efficient. If your system is nearing the ten-year mark, usually, repairs are not strong enough to prevent its deterioration. You should choose a new product that will be far more efficient.
When should you replace your AC?
An AC unit will typically last you about ten years, but sometimes it can start having trouble before this. You can keep an eye out for certain signs that can indicate problems that require replacing. Unusual noises, warm air and missing parts are signs of major problems, and when you observe any of these you should call us so we can inspect your unit. Sometimes it may only need simple repairs.
The age of a system is also a pretty good indicator of needing replacements. The older a unit is, the more likely it is to fail and have efficiency problems. Avoid constant repairs that will drain your wallet, and opt instead to get a new system that will be more efficient and save you money and pay for itself in the long run.
There is no telling when the heater or air conditioner will break down. All appliance users need these services at some point. The most important task is to find the highest quality provider. Before the extreme temperatures come, prepare well for the long seasons. If you reside in the Dike, IA area, contact our services at Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc.
Additional plumbing and HVAC services in Dike:
- Water Heater Installation and Repairs
- Drain Cleaning
- 24 Hour Emergency Plumbing
- Heating Repair, Maintenance, Installations and Replacements
- Furnace Repair, Maintenance, Installations and Replacements
- Air Conditioner Repair, Maintenance, Installations and Replacements
- Air Duct Cleaning and Repairs
From drain cleaning to HVAC installations, Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc. has everything you need for whole-home comfort. Our technicians respect your time and care about the safety of your home. Call us today for professional plumbing, heating, cooling and electrical services at competitive rates!