Indoor Air Quality Services in Cedar Rapids, IA
Call Our Hotline: 319-449-3488
Do you want measurable improvements to your home’s breathability? Do you want to see a lower month to month energy bill and spend less time getting sick each year? Then you need one of Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc.’s state-of-the-art indoor air quality systems.
- We offer true 24-hour emergency services.
- We’ve been family-owned and operated since 1959.
- We always do the right thing.
We’ve been around the Cedar Rapids, IA community for over 60 years. We know our stuff when it comes to indoor air quality, pollution, contaminants, and breathability.
Call us today for a true, next level experience in customer service and air quality support. Your Comfort Is Our Promise.
What are some common problems affecting indoor air quality?
Indoor air quality is affected by several different sources. All of these sources can be a major detriment on your home and health. They include:
- Exhaust Fumes: Each time a door opens between the garage and home, exhaust fumes full of formaldehyde can enter the home. People inhale this contaminant, adding more toxins to the body. Additionally, the fumes can pose serious damage to your home over time.
- Pet and Dust Dander: Pet and dust dander move through the air as people and animals bring particles in from the outside. Even standard home materials, such as drywall, emit some fumes that merge with the breathing air.
- Pollen: Windows remaining open all the time can also allow particles into the indoor air. This often includes the pollen from surrounding landscaping which in turn can cause serious discomfort for those suffering from allergies.
- Dirty Ductwork: Over time the ducts in your home are filled with dirt, dust, and other pollutants. Eventually these materials are pushed into the air you breath and cause significant allergen problems.
When the indoor air quality of your home is lowered, this can pose major health risks for the people within your home. With the use of professional air quality solutions you can help improve the air quality in your home and restore the comfort for you and your family.
How can humidifiers and dehumidifiers help?
Ideally, you want the home to have a humidity level between 30 and 55 percent. Most regions don’t have a perfect humidity level, requiring a humidifier or dehumidifier to improve indoor air comfort. For dry areas, humidifiers add moisture to the air to make the space feel more comfortable.
A dehumidifier reduces excessive humidity, effectively stopping mold and mildew growth that’s harmful to your health. Wet conditions encourage mold growth, allowing them to produce spores that fly through the air. Additionally, this can regulate the comfort for rooms that are too moist or uncomfortable.
Our staff can help you choose a unit that is both functional for your space and your budget. Once chosen, we will install it in an area that will provide you with the most effective comfort. Give us a call today and ask about the services we provide for humidifiers and dehumidifiers.
What are some signs that your air ducts need service?
Your air ducts bring cool or warm air to each room. You’ll notice that they require repair if the air flow is significantly reduced. Air may be leaking into walls and the attic, decreasing the flow into desired rooms.
A trickling air flow is cause for concern. The energy bill can increase as well because you’re trying to compensate for an uncomfortable home by turning up the heat or cool air. Pay attention to your central air and its normal operation. If it’s not working eficiently, our technicians can help address the problem with duct testing services.
Additionally, if you have not cleaned your air ducts for some time, there can be a significant amount of dust and dirt in that area. This especially affects people within your home that suffer from allergies. Additionally, it can cause damage to your AC unit; the impurities enter the unit and cause it to deteriorate. Call us today and ask our technicians about our quality air duct cleaning and repair services.
Guaranteeing your comfort
Consider your home’s HVAC system and air quality interactions before your next service call. Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc. can suggest repairs and installations to keep the home clean and safe. We can also inspect your home and determine ways in which the air quality in your home can be improved. Need commercial air quality services for your company? We provide services for that too!
Call Dalton Plumbing, Heating, Cooling, Electric and Fireplaces, Inc. to get expert air quality solutions to improve the comfort of your home or business in no time!